Blackjack switch is a blackjack variant, which allows the player to do what is normally considered as a classic cheating manoeuver, trading cards between two hands. The player must make two bets of equal size and is allowed to switch the second card dealt to each hand. Of course nothing comes free, a dealer 22 results in a push and blackjacks pay even money. Currently the game is played at Playtech Internet casinos, it has had a run at the Taj Majal in Atlantic City, and other land based casinos have plans to offer the game in the near future inlucing the Four Queens in Las Vegas.
Blackjack Switch Rules
- All rules are based on conventional blackjack unless otherwise noted.
- The player must make two bets of equal size.
- Cards will be dealt face up.
- The player may switch the 2nd card dealt to each hand. For example if one hand has 5,10 and the other has 10,6 the player may switch the 10 and 6 to have two hands of 11 and 20.
- Six decks are used.
- Dealer hits a soft 17.
- Player may double on any 2 cards.
- Player may double after a split.
- Player may not resplit.
- Winning player blackjacks pay even money.
- Full European no-peek rule. Player loses total amount bet against a dealer blackjack. A benefit of this rule is that the player can switch to a blackjack, even if the dealer has a blackjack.
- A dealer total of 22 will push against any player total of 21 or less. A player blackjack will still beat a dealer 22.